Monday, April 20, 2009

fender benders, finales, and friends

Our days have been so full. So much seems to transpire from one day to another, and suddenly I realize another month has slipped away, and yet another month is threatening to do the same. I am fully aware that this is life, though, and am attempting to live it fully in the midst of all the stuff going on around us. This is sometimes more than a challenge, one I often fail at miserably, but I am committed to continuing in the battle.

In an attempt to fill you in on recent days...

Last Wednesday, N called on the cell phone, saying, "Mom, we've been in an accident." Now, I don't know about you, but I was trained very early on to NEVER start a conversation in that fashion. ALWAYS begin with, "Mom, everyone is fine, but we've been in an accident." After a moment of panic, I realized that everyone, indeed, was fine, but there had, indeed, been an accident. The long and the short of it is...Bob made a left hand turn and was broad-sided by an oncoming car. While the details indicate it wasn't really his fault, by law he is at fault, thus he received a ticket and a seriously banged up car. We are still waiting to hear the final numbers. Apparently, because of the nature of this particular accident, there is a possibility that the car will be totaled, but we are still waiting on details. Thankfully, our insurance company is paying for a rental car, so the inconvenience is minimal.

After months of rehearsals and long nights, our little drama queen presented (with the help of a large crew and cast) her very first musical production. Granted, she had no lines and no true spotlight moments, but it was clear to all who went that she was the shining star of the night! Opening night was on Easter, and after one performance being canceled due to snow, the grand finale was last night. I do believe a star has been born, as she can't stop talking about how much she loves theater and can't wait to do another production. townsperson

(that's her...on the far right. See how amazingly she plays a sleeping child!)

Not to be type-cast as only a townsperson, she went on to be an amazing angel...


Dear friends of ours from church finally came home on Thursday after spending 5 weeks in Swaziland (2 of those weeks N and I were with them) on a crazy adoption journey. It has been an amazing road to watch them walk, and we have been so blessed to be a part of it in some small way. I was part of the welcoming committee as they stepped foot on home soil with their two new little ones, finally joining their family of 8 for the first time. My heart overflows even now as I remember this incredible reunion. God has so much in store for little Isaiah and Laila!

2 comments:

Daron said...

So sorry to hear about the accident. Though, I have to admit I'm curious as to why, if he was broad-sided making a left hand turn, is the damage on the drivers side? Glad everyone is o.k.

Maddie, sounds like you had a great time with your production. I was in theater myself when I was younger so I'm really excited to see you enjoying it so much. We would love to come see you perform sometime!

Love to you all!
Aunt Tari

Tari said...

Okay,apparently when I commented on this I was using only a small percentage of my remaining brain cells! (and by remaining, I mean, the ones you have left after you have children) I was only thinking of left turns at intersections with "yield on green" signs...you know, as if there are no other possible left turns:)

Never fear! I get it now! Anyway, we prayed for you guys tonight. Hope all is well.

Love,
Aunt Tari

btw...Laura, are those "missing" brain cells just dormant for a period of time following pregnancy or are they actually gone?