Maddie's birthday celebration was on Friday night, and we invited 8 of her friends over for a slumber party. Knowing this is a crazy time of year, I was sure that there would be a few that wouldn't be able to make it, especially since it was the first night of Christmas vacation. All but one could come. So, including Maddie, we had 8 girls over for a Movie Theater birthday party, complete with concessions and movie tickets.
Maddie's crazy friends...
Tickets are purchased and waiting for the movie time...
Movie time! (A Christmas Carol...a bit scarier than I remembered it...)
I was a little unsure if I could figure out how to make a movie-themed cake, but inspiration struck and it came together in the end.
The goodie bags
And, of course, the obligatory slumber party pillow fight!
Pancakes for breakfast
It was a great party, and the girls all seemed to have a great time. Maddie felt special surrounded by her friends. What a blessing to have such good friends. And what a blessing to have a slumber party with 8 girls and have NO arguing or bickering. They all get along so well!
The best gift came on Saturday night, when Maddie finally heard the results of her audition for The Sound of Music. Maddie got the part of Marta! She is sooooooo very excited! And we are preparing ourselves for the crazy and chaotic season of LOTS of rehearsals and late nights! Way to go, Maddie! We are so proud of you! For the role you got in the play, and even more so for the young woman you are becoming. Love you to pieces!

4 comments:
Congrats, Maddie! We are so proud of you! Any performances at the end of February? :-)
Love the new pic on your blog. Nice work on the birthday theme, Laura! Can you come and do Stella's party in a few weeks?!
Congratulations Maddie on the part!!! What a wonderful bparty you had. You have a cool mom and bros to design your movie party and cake and all. How wonderful to have friends. I appreciate your caring heart. love, oma
awesome cake!
happy birthday maddie! congrats on all of your drama fame :)
Megan, I would love to be your party planner! Just another perk you would have if you ever move to CO. Just sayin'!
Post a Comment