I haven't updated this page in a while, so here are some morsels from recent days...
Work has kept me busy this week. I am in the process of putting together our quarterly newsletter for Children's Ministries. I am finding that it is not an easy task for a perfectionist. I finally had to stop myself and call it "good enough" when I found myself enlarging the newsletter to 400% to "perfect" certain lines, etc. OK, that is definitely a bit overboard. It's about done, and I am happy with the results.
I am also nose-deep in helping to start up a new ministry for children on Wednesday nights called "Rooftops." Its a creative worship ministry where the kids will learn about and experience what true worship is through drama, music, art, movement, and videography. We are so excited about where God is leading our church, and can't wait to see our kids "Shout it From the Rooftops!"
Violin is going pretty well for M, but the novelty has worn off. I think she is doing great for only being in 2nd grade, but I think she gets discouraged because the other kids in her class are all in 4th and 5th grade and are finding things a bit easier. Hang in there, Sweetie, and just imagine where you'll be by 5th grade!
C has been begging for guitar lessons. Our Middle School Pastor teaches and is willing to come to our house to give him lessons. We are now trying to find a decent guitar at an even more decent price. N is hoping to be in band next year (he will be picking out an instrument next month), so we may have our own little hoe downs at our house soon!
I went on a field trip with Mi's class to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science today. This is a fun, all-day field trip, and Micah and I had a great day together. As a matter of fact, after lunch it ended up being just the two of us for two hours. It's hard to make time to invest in each of our children individually, so I relish any chance I get to do it. I don't only love my kids, but I really LIKE them! M is a really fun kid to hang out with!
For those of you that have been blessed to live in Colorado, but unfortunate enough to have had to move away, here is a quick picture to show you what you are missing! Another beautiful day along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Bits and Pieces
Posted by laura at 8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment