Monday, February 9, 2009

captivated

I had the wonderful privilege of going to a Captivating retreat this past week. I went with two great friends, and got to know a third. We spent four days in the mountains, basking in the glory of our God! There were women there from all over the United States, as well as Australia, Finland, and South Africa. This retreat focuses on the role we play in God's Story, a much bigger story than we seem to remember in the midst of carpooling, laundry, making dinner, helping with homework. I needed to be reminded that my life is more than it seems, that I matter, that I have purpose and impact others. Here are a few quotes I jotted down...

"We have to reveal our wound to be healed...There is always more healing available. To get it, we must be willing to go with God to places where there are still wounds, and places where we have wounded others."

"Our healed hearts are more beautiful, more stunning, than our hearts were before they were even wounded."

"We must accept the fact that our story has a villain; we often live like it's just us and God."

"The villain goes after the Beauty. Satan hates Eve because she gives life; his is a kingdom of death. He hates Eve because she is beautiful, and he once was."

"Worship is the highest form of warfare. Satan won't run into the Holy of Holies to do battle."

When your son is beating up on his little brother... "God didn't make you powerful to hurt your little brother; He made you powerful to protect him."

And one of my very favorites..."Safety is not the absence of danger, but the presence of Jesus."

1 comments:

patti m said...

Welcome back! So glad to hear how incredible it was.