* N started wrestling last week. The first night he came home with a cut up mouth. As a mom, this isn't the sport I would've chosen for him. Of course, he played football in the fall and loved it. Wouldn't have chosen that, either. Can anyone say "swim team"?
* C is strumming away on his new electric guitar. He hopes to play in the school talent show next month, but getting him to practice consistently has been harder than I expected, especially after saving his money for so long and being so proud of buying his guitar. I think there's something there about his personality that I'm trying to figure out. Something having to do with the thrill of the chase, pursuing what he wants, but once he gets it, he's on to the next thing. He told me this morning that he wants to start saving for a car, since he only has 4 years to save. Then he said, "Are you OK, Mom? Mom?! Breathe, Mom! Breathe!"
*M is our lover of life. Always has been, and I pray he always will be! He woke up this morning singing and doing some African chant he made up. He is definitely a morning person... a LOUD morning person. Did I mention I enjoy quiet mornings? M brought home his first math homework of the year last night. He gets it done everyday at school, then goes on to some math enrichment "fun" while everyone else works. C said this morning, "M, why do you always have to be so good?? It makes me crazy!"
*M is growing up. No matter how many times I tell her she's my baby, she completely ignores me. Her violin is going well. She auditioned for a part in a musical at another church called "The Resurrection" and got a part! She is an angel/townsperson, with full costuming and stage makeup! It will be a great experience for her. The music director is even going to write a special violin solo in just for her!
*B is having a hard week in the computer world. One client has no email, another has a server completely down. He spent 7 hours on the phone with Microsoft yesterday. Ugh. Other than that, things are going well. He is co-leading a men's group at church on Wed. nights and continues to be part of the prayer team.
*I am busy with work, but love it. Family Ministry is becoming more and more of a passion for me. I am so excited about finding ways to empower and equip parents to lead their children spiritually. I am also busy writing a curriculum for 2nd/3rd grade boys called "God's Warriors." So fun to watch the boys thrive in the warrior role! We are also in full swing working on VBB for this summer, "Caspian's Castle." And, if that wasn't enough, I am heading up the VBS program for Swaziland in March! Can't wait to go hold those kiddos! More on that later....
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
life update
Posted by laura at 8:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm thankful for the Schwarz Gang - all of you - in my life!
I pray you will have a wonderful, meaningful, "captivating" weekend. Can't wait to hear or "read" all about it.
Wrestling! I had asked Nate what next and he told me last summer. Neither sport would be a grandmother's choice either! I used to want B&R to be on the swim team until I remembered the swim suits.............
love, oma
I did not say "Breath, Mom Breath"!
Post a Comment