Monday, March 1, 2010

deliberatePeople

My friend Laura has been doing different challenges each month this year. This month she has invited others to join her, and I am on board! You see, her challenge is simply to read the bible every day, spending time with God instead of on Facebook or reading blogs. I have found myself getting sloppy in my deliberate time with God, reading His Word, praying, journaling... And, man, can I feel it.

I go through seasons of hearing God's voice clearly, then not hearing at all (usually as a result of my own laziness), and I desperately want to hear Him. To know what He is calling me to do. Today. Moment by moment. And I know that is only possible when I am training my ear to tune in to Him.

So, with Laura's invitation on the table, I am eager to get started! And, as it turns out, I found this video that has inspired me even more.

Check out deliberatePeople and be inspired, too!


2 comments:

judi-mom said...

hi

judi-mom said...

I try and try to sign in and make a comment and can;t. That's why I sent the hi. God is talking to me through my health and also directly. It's exciting and scary. I want, finally to grow. I have to admit that I also want a simple drink of water. I've been growing through a really weird time. love, mom, I'm so greatful that you want to learn.