Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Faith Chairs

Last night was our official Kick-Off for this summer's Vacation Bible Blast. As the new Partners Director for the Children's Ministries, I now have the overwhelming responsibility of heading up VBB. We are expecting around 350 kids, and I can't wait! I love VBB week. I love seeing the kids fill the auditorium, praising Jesus, laughing, dancing, being crazy. It makes all the blood, sweat and tears of the months leading up to that week absolutely worth it. Last night marked the beginning of that process. This is the hardest part...Right now we still have all the blood, sweat and tears ahead of us. As I have been planning for our volunteer kick-off, I have prayed continually that God will put the same excitement and passion into the hearts of others. I want people to help with VBB because they deeply desire to impact kids' hearts for eternity, not just because they feel like they should help, or that it sounds like fun. Anyway, as I set up for the meeting last night, I was trying to determine how many chairs to put out in our meeting room. We don't historically have a large turn-out for our first meeting (15-20 people). I decided to put out 30 chairs, and as I set each chair out, I prayed over the chair and the person that would sit in it. I prayed that God would fill each and every chair. When Ellen and Mandy arrived to help set up and go over the plans for the evening, I told them those were my "faith chairs" and that God was going to fill them. Just before 7:00, the people started coming....and kept coming! Would you be surprised to hear that each and every chair was filled? And that we needed more chairs? Thank You, God! He gives us above and beyond what we ask, and when He calls us to do His will, He supplies what we need to do it! I have a confession, though.....I was surprised. Why am I continually surprised when God shows up and does what He says He will do?? Has He not shown me over and over again that He is faithful? When will I pray and fully expect and KNOW that He will faithfully supply all my needs?


2 comments:

Mandy said...

Amen sister! What a great night that was!

Megan said...

So cool how God is working right before your eyes and so cool for those that have the opportunity to serve with you! Wish we could experience VBB with you as well!
-Megan