I feel like my life is a whirlwind right now. I have so many things going on that I can't seem to keep focused on any of it. Our Vacation Bible Blast prep is going great, but so very much to do! Recruiting volunteers, organizing supply lists, trying to think through all the details we might forget, meetings, meetings, meetings! I am also in the midst of the kick-off of the new Rooftops ministry...getting curriculum written, making sure we have all our teachers, small group leaders, structuring the schedules. Plus we have a Family Movie Night event at church TOMORROW night. Ma has a violin concert tonight. We're having a family birthday party for N on Sunday, I leave for Atlanta on Monday for a Family Ministries conference through Thursday. I'm missing N's 13th birthday on Wednesday (don't get me started...Mom guilt is about to do me in!). I get back on Thursday, rush off to Ma's Spring choir concert at school. Then have Friday to prepare for N's big sleep-over Skate City 13th Birthday Bash....... And of course, it just continues on from there with Mother's Day, Mi's birthday (on Mother's Day), baptism classes, Field Days at school, field trips, more VBB craziness in the midst of it all.... OK, deep breaths..... I know I am not alone in this crazy life, and please don't take any of this as complaint. I am doing what I love, and love what I am doing! I am so grateful for quiet and peaceful times with God in the midst of all of it. Times when I just sit with a cup of coffee, my Bible, and my Father. Quiet. At peace. Filled. Often I feel too busy to stop and take the time. But never do I regret a second spent in His presence. Always He calms my spirit, fills me up, and empowers me to do what today requires of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Amen sister! Thanks for the reminder.....
Post a Comment