It all started when Mi wasn't hungry for dinner. That' not at all like him. By the time he was going to bed, he was moaning and crying saying his stomach hurt. What do you do for a tummy ache? I prayed for him, then told him to try to sleep. He fell asleep quickly, and all seemed well again. Not so. I was putting laundry in the kids room, about to go to sleep around 10:00, when Mi ran past me in the hallway, moaning once again. He ran straight into the bathroom, where he proceeded to lay down on his back on the bathroom rug, moaning all the while. The moaning suddenly changed, and I knew what was coming. I began saying, "Mi, do you feel like you need to throw up? Mi, get up, get up!!" Too late. In all my 13 years of parenting, I have never, ever experienced anything like what happened next. Two words: Volcanic eruption. I am not exaggerating. Straight up into the air, and right back down, all over the poor child. Face, hair, eyes, ears, all covered, as well as the wall, rug, bathtub, etc. In horror, I grabbed him up from the floor (I was sure he would aspirate it all). We weren't done, yet. Again, he started. At this point, I did what any mother would do...I screamed, "Bob, HELP!!!!" After an hour of showering, scrubbing everything in sight, and disinfecting, we finally all fell in bed. Off to blissful sleep. Not so fast. At 1:00 a.m. I hear a whimper at the door.
Mi: "Mom, I did it again."
Me: "In the bathroom?"
Mi: "No, in my bed."
Me: (speechless)
The process began again. This time, it included all of the bedding, the carpet, the rug, C's guitar, pillows, you name it. Can I just say, I was so tempted to take pictures in the midst of all of this, as I was sure no one could imagine just how unbelievable all of this was. Of course, I don't think Mi would've appreciated that, and I'm sure it crosses some kind of line in blogging etiquette. Suffice it to say, you had to see it to believe it. Thankfully, that was the last of it. He stayed home from school today, but was as chipper as can be.
And we slept great the rest of the night (until the dog began howling to go out around 3:00 a.m......)
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Rough Night
Posted by laura at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, what a night! I sure hope you're feeling better, Micah. And I hope no one else gets it as well!
Aunt Tari
Poor guy! If it's going to happen...better now than on Sunday! Guess you'll just have to eat more cake to make your tummy feel better. ;-)
-aunt megan
what a bummer!
Post a Comment