1. It is chilly here! We are expecting a high of 57 degrees. It's cloudy, the leaves are showing signs of changing color, and I'm drinking chai tea! Ah fall... my favorite time of year!
2. Football is going great for N! He has won his first two games by a lot (can't remember the scores). He even sacked the quarterback in the last game. Their last game was an away game (an hour bus ride!) and he was still pumped when he got home. Couldn't stop talking!
3. M is doing great on the violin. We are taking private lessons now, and her teacher is very pleased with how she is doing. I must say, I really thought she would play for a month or two, then get tired of it and want to quit. But this really seems to be "her thing."
4. Jingle Jam... Our church is doing a huge family production for Christmas this year, something we've never done before. It's going to be an awesome outreach opportunity, and we have so many people involved and excited! There's nothing like having Christmas songs stuck in your brain in September!
5. More football... M will start flag football next week. It's been a while since he's been on a team of any kind, so he is super excited. Mom's just glad it's flag...
6. New school year...new schools. So far, so good. Everyone seems to be adjusting well and making friends quickly. I was most concerned about C, but he's doing much better than I anticipated. He seems to have the most homework at this point, but I have a feeling he isn't getting things done at school like he could. He has a hard time staying focused because his mind is racing about 10 times as fast as mine does!
7. Job possibility... B is applying for a job with Agilent Technologies. A good friend of his works there and gave him a referral for the job. The position is in security, and would be a change for B, but one that he welcomes. Please pray for this. We just found out Friday that his current company is struggling and had to cut his hours. We'll keep you posted!
Monday, September 8, 2008
this and that
Posted by laura at 8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment