I went garage saling with a friend. We followed the signs and ended up in front of a cardboard box. It wiggled. It purred. It meowed. I held one. Then two.
I walked into our home with another creature to care for. It poops. It cries. It demands things of me. It was "free." Yeah, right. What was I thinking?
Did I mention it is unbelievably adorable? Did I mention my children are rising up and calling me blessed?
After much debate, we have named our newest addition "Musa." Musa is Swahili for Moses, and is the name of a young man in Swaziland that is laying down his life for the orphans there. He loves the children unconditionally and teaches them about Jesus. And in the face of incredible poverty and pain, he is filled with more joy than I have ever experienced in another human being. That's quite a name to live up to. And now we have a constant reminder in our home to lift Musa in prayer, as he fights the good fight on the other side of the world.

2 comments:
What does Willow think!!?? Levi would be in heaven if he saw a baby kitty. :-)
Oh my goodness!! He is adorable. I have always loved kittens. We had them a few times when we were little. Brings back wonderful memories! Enjoy!
Tari
Post a Comment