I just returned from a girls' weekend in the mountains. What can I say? It was wonderful! To tell you the truth, I wasn't overly excited to go. There is so much going on, so many things I missed by going away, how can I give up an entire weekend when I have so much to do? But, I had already committed, and we had worked so hard to find a weekend that worked for all of us, I couldn't back out. So, on Friday afternoon, after frantically trying to get everything in order so I could leave, I picked up my friends, and we were off.
Now, these are no ordinary friends. These are soul friends. These are cry together, laugh together, call each other on the carpet kind of friends. And we did all of those things! We first became friends when I was pregnant with N, and no one else in the group had kids. We were in a couple's bible study group that lasted 5 years. Through those years, we journeyed together through pregnancies, infertility, miscarriages, deaths, new homes, new babies, new jobs.... You name it, we experienced it. You don't go through those things without coming out on the other side stronger, and committed. Though our group ended many years ago, we continue to get together, some of us only once or twice a year. But when we do, we pick up right where we left off.
This weekend filled my soul. Not just because we were in the most beautiful setting, surrounded by mountains, aspen and pine trees, and the gorgeous Colorado sky, but because these women spoke truth into my life. They loved me, encouraged me, prayed for me, and allowed me to do the same for them. Ladies, take the time to invest in friendship. It may seem inconvenient or time-consuming, but it is never in vain. Janna, Lori, and Linda, thank you for your friendship! Thank you for intentionally choosing to fight for our friendship, even when life is too busy. And thanks for being iron to me.
Monday, November 10, 2008
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
Posted by laura at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment