After two weeks of being home while all the other kids in the neighborhood, at church, and in our home were at school, Micah and Maddie finally started school today. I am always very sad to see the summer come to an end, but today was a little different. It was so hard having two kids in school while two were still on summer vacation. I couldn't get into any kind of rhythm at all. It is so nice to be starting back into a regular routine, for all of us! But while it was nice to drop all four off today, it is bittersweet. Each new 1st Day of School makes my kids a whole grade older. As fun as it is to watch them grow up and experience new things, I am not ready for them to be "grown." I know I still have a few more years before that happens, but their childhood is beginning to feel fleeting. I don't like that. I wish I could hold on to these years somehow, so I can come back for a visit now and then. I know I can only visit through pictures and memories, though, so I am trying to soak it all in...



Monday, August 31, 2009
1st day of school, part 2
Posted by laura at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
maddie's a doll! and micah? holy cow...he's handsome :)
You guys are growing up way too fast!
Hope your first day of school was lots of fun.
I'm finally back in the blogging world and thought I'd check in with yours - love how you do your pics now - can you show me how some time? (p.s. our computer has been dragging for the past month so not sure when I can start blogging myself.....)
Post a Comment