Friday, October 15, 2010

tonight we celebrated...

Yep, it's finally feeling like fall, so we broke out the fall decorations and had a Fun Fall Family Festival (well, can't really call it a festival, but I was on a roll...).

Caleb is not a fan of being in the kitchen, other than to eat. The other kids all enjoy cooking and baking from time to time, but I have to force Caleb to do it every now and then. That's exactly what I had to do to get Caleb to help me make pumpkin bread. He did his darndest to show me how bad he is at baking so he won't have to do it again...


Maddie worked on the spiced apple cider...

Pumpkin bread out of the oven. Sooooo wish you could smell what our house smelled like with pumpkin bread baking and spiced cider simmering. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Maddie put up our scarecrow flag this year. So thankful to have a daughter that gets into all the traditions with me!
Finally, hot pumpkin bread and cider, followed by a crazy game of Skip-Bo. Love my family.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

oh my gosh. SO fun!

"and we'll all play some skip bo welcome fall"

Laura said...

I love that you called it a festival. Who says what you did isn't a festival???