Monday, November 1, 2010

girls' night

I love having a daughter. When God "surprised" us with another pregnancy before Micah turned a year old, I never dreamed what an incredible gift He was giving us! The older Maddie gets, the more fun we have together. We are a respite for each other in the midst of this testosterone-driven household. We "get" each other. And we have so much fun being girls together.


One thing I love to do with Maddie is watch movies. We both like the same kinds of movies, and we both cry at the same things. So, when we know we are going to watch a tear-jerker, we ban the boys from entering the room, and we cry freely. You see, we learned early on that if the boys are around, they take every opportunity to make fun of our movie, and laugh at us when we cry.

So, no boys allowed.

This past Friday night, the boys were all going to the varsity football game. If you hadn't heard, football has taken over our lives recently, so Maddie and I opted for a girls' night in! We went out to pick up Qdoba nachos to share, then settled in for a "Little House on the Prairie" marathon (got the entire 1st season from Netflix!).


How fun to relive my favorite shows from my childhood with my daughter!


During intermission, we made homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes (latte for me, steamer for Maddie).


Perfect fall evening! Lattes, "Little House," and sharing it all with my daughter!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

and this post made me cry. precious, precious, precious.

judi-mom said...

This is wonderful when you share your heart like this. I never got to experience anything fun like that with my daughter. The agony of that thought is finally gone, so I just enjoyed your joy in her. Just remember that not all daughters are Maddie--you have one that's one of a kind.