When I wrote my last post about the winds of change, I didn't realize how much more the wind was going to blow.
My mind is swirling and I can't take hold of any of the thoughts. We had a staff meeting at church yesterday that was overwhelming, saddening, and just plain sucked the life out of our staff.
The changes coming to Vanguard are so huge, there is no way to comprehend what the church will look like when all the dust settles. My heart is heavy. I don't understand what God is doing, but I do understand that He IS DOING. What comfort I take in knowing that God is still on His throne. He is still in control and He is still trustworthy.
I am praying fervently for God to lead...our church, our individual ministries, and specifically the families most affected by these changes. There is nothing about this I like, but I do believe that God will fulfill His promise to work together all these things for the GOOD of everyone involved.
O, Father, let it be so.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
heavy, heavy heart
Posted by laura at 8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
shocked and sad over here too.
Post a Comment