Thursday, January 17, 2008

Same Journey, New Chapter...

On January 1st, I started working at our church part-time. I am working about 20 hrs/week in the Children's Ministries. My official title is Partner's Director, but even I don't know exactly what that means! Essentially, I am over anything that doesn't take place on Sunday mornings: Wednesday night programming, monthly newsletter, baptism classes for children, family ministry, all special events, and VBS! Yikes! It feels like a lot, but I am in the process of putting together a wonderful leadership team, that I hope will greatly reduce the work I personally must accomplish. I am really excited about my new role, but it has been 14 years since I worked outside of the home, so it is going to be an adjustment! My biggest passions for my ministry are within the family ministry... I feel God is stirring in my heart a passion to see families praying together in powerful ways, not just the mealtime and bedtime blessings. I want families to learn to pray with faith and certainty, knowing that God will move on their behalf! I also want to develop more opportunities for families to minister together, both in their neighborhoods, as well as family mission trips. So, I have a lot to do to get to that point, but I know God will guide me according to His will. I would love your prayers as I seek out how to begin in these areas!

The kids love the fact that I am working at the church, and want to spend as much time there as they can. They want to go early, stay late, and be my "helpers" at all times. It's wonderful to see their desires to serve and be a part of the ministries at church. N and C work in the coffee shop every week, and M1 can't wait until he's old enough to help, too. Ministering within our local church is so important to Bob and I, and it is awesome to see our kids following after us!

1 comments:

Karin said...

Wow... congrats on your new job. Sounds as though the position has been created for you and is perfect for your creativity/smarts!
Prayers will be heading your way.
It is so awesome to see your children following in your footsteps with service for God. The enthusiasm you have is so contagious, Laura. I'm so proud of you. Lots of responsibility, but obviously given to you with confidence and assurance that all is in good hands... thanks for keeping us posted on your gang!

Karin