Thursday, January 24, 2008

M.I.A. Update

I've had a few people ask me about the current status of the missing python. Well...all is well again!

Yes, we did find the snake! And, thankfully, it wasn’t quite frozen, although it was extremely cold! It was actually a really cool God moment for me! I couldn’t sleep that night, as I was so worried for Caleb that the snake wouldn’t survive. I prayed half the night for that dumb snake! Anyway, the next morning we searched again, with no luck. I took a shower late in the morning, and as I did, I just cried out to God. Not really about the snake, but just telling God how much I needed to experience Him and know that He really does hear me and act on my behalf. To know that I can pray to Him, and that He will make Himself known. Anyway, after my shower, I went back to the basement, checked behind the couch, didn’t see the snake, then turned around, and there he was! I just started laughing and thanking God, partly because I found the snake, and mostly because God showed up! I just felt like God was telling me that I can search and search under every rock and crevice, but until I cry out to Him, it’s all in vain. Anyway, it was awesome to be reminded, again, that God does care about the details of our lives, and that He is intimately involved in all of it.

0 comments: