Today started with coffee. Kauai Coffee. We stopped at the coffee plantation after a quick snack at Kalaheo Cafe (I told you it was my new favorite place!). Went on a little self-guided tour and sampled lots of coffee (I did, Bob continues to be a party-pooper in the coffee arena). Interesting tour, yummy coffee.

Now, that's what I'm talking about!

It was a beautiful location, and walking through the coffee orchard was cool.

Bob graciously put up with my coffee tour, then we were off to Waimea Canyon. This is the Grand Canyon of Kauai, and it really looked just like that! Very impressive!


We hiked a bit, then stopped for a picnic lunch and ate the "plate lunches" we had picked up on our way to the Canyon.

Then we hiked some more. The vistas were breathtaking along the Napoli Coast.

We did a little 4-wheeling (Bob says we can't even call it 4-wheeling, but it was bumpy and steep, so I say it was) to a trailhead and hiked to a couple of waterfalls and more canyon overlooks.




Lots of pictures from our day, but I won't bore you with those. After hiking in the muggy heat, we needed to cool off a bit, and in Kauai, that means Shave (NOT shaved) Ice. They pile flavored shave ice on top of ice cream. JoJo's is known for having the best shave ice on the island. It was good. But after experiencing it once, we both decided we'd stick with ice cream.

Bob enjoys his Berry Berry shave ice over vanilla bean ice cream.

I had an interesting combination of tropical fruit over macadamia nut ice cream. Supposed to be their best-seller.

Home for a much-needed shower. The soil here is deep red and coats everything! Good to be clean!
0 comments:
Post a Comment