We awoke today to a beautiful morning. We took our time getting moving, enjoying the sounds of tropical birds and roosters while eating our breakfast. It's never silent here, either the birds and roosters are keeping things lively, or the crickets are chirping at night. I love all the sounds!
After getting ready, we stopped in at the Kalaheo Coffee Company. I was just going to grab a cup of coffee to go, but when we went in, I knew we had to stay a while. I loved the atmosphere, and the coffee was great. Bob got a hot chocolate and a Banana Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Oh my. So good! We sat outside on the big covered porch and enjoyed conversation and the view. We will definitely be going back there for breakfast this week, and I'll take pictures next time!
We spent the next couple of hours doing some shopping...souveniers for the kids, coffee for me, and shoes. I didn't bring my hiking shoes (long story...), so I had to pick up a cheap pair to get me through the week.
After shopping, we stopped at the BBQ Inn and got a traditional Kauai "plate lunch" to go. The plate lunch consists of rice, salad, and meat of some kind. Our plate had a fried fish and chicken. Really good. We ate it at the top of Waimea Falls. Breathtaking.
We took a little time and visited the Kauai Museum for a little history lesson. It was interesting, but not terribly exciting.
Headed back "home" to cook dinner. Here is Bob grilling our chicken. Yes, that is a sunburn!
After dinner, we decided to head up the hills to catch the sunset. Not spectacular, but fun anyway!
Tomorrow is our helicopter tour! Stay tuned for some incredible pictures!

0 comments:
Post a Comment