I was awoken early this morning to the howling of our dog. Grrrrr. As I turned over to go back to sleep, I felt the nudge from God to get up and spend some time with Him. I have been praying recently to experience God more personally, to see His face. But, certainly God knew better than anyone how much I need my sleep! So, of course, He'd understand. Then a quote came to my mind that I have hanging in my office at church... "Your direction, not your intention, determines your destination (Andy Stanley)." I guess just intending to see God's face while ignoring His invitations wouldn't cut it. So, I decided to lay in bed and meditate on some scripture I had been praying through yesterday while walking the dog (that darned dog!). As I began to recite Psalm 11:7 in my mind, I got to the end, almost laughed aloud, and headed downstairs to spend time with God. What a sense of humor He has!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
getting upright
"For the Lord is righteous, He loves justice; UPRIGHT men will see His face."
Psalm 11:7
Posted by laura at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment