This video puts to words and music what I feel when I think about my time in Swaziland. I left a part of my heart there when I visited over a year ago, and I can't wait to go back. This time, Nate will be going with me. We will go in March 2009, and my prayer is that it will change both of us. You hear the statistics, you know the devastation of what HIV/AIDS has done, but when you look in the eyes, hold the children, pray over the women, something in your spirit, deep down, changes, it changes forever.
We, along with a team from Vanguard Church and Children's HopeChest will have the opportunity to build a new legacy. We will offer medical clinics, work on needed construction projects, camps, life skill training, and leadership development to the leaders and children there in Swaziland. We will visit and share hope and help with children in other areas and ministries as well, including HIV/AIDS abandoned baby centers. And that is just the beginning. The real beauty is in the life-long relationships and real life changes that we are building through a mission trip of this kind.
Without the support of friends and family, this trip won't be possible. Please be in prayer for Nathan and I as we prepare and travel to Swaziland. If you are interested in helping us financially, please email me at schwarzgang@gmail.com.
Friday, December 5, 2008
I saw what I saw
Posted by laura at 10:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I just got your Christmas card in the mail today and loved the update on your family. And I love that you have a heart for Africa, as we do. It is so exciting that you get to do this trip with Nate. I'll be praying for you as your raise support and prepare for your trip.
Post a Comment