Monday, December 15, 2008

my girl

Today we celebrate the life of our youngest child and only daughter. Madelyn Suzanne was born nine years ago today. I have a hard time believing it could possibly be that long ago that she entered our life! I can't tell you what a precious blessing she is to our family. Maddie is full of life and passion. We affectionately call her a Drama Queen, but only because everything she does is worth doing to the fullest. The highs in life are over the top, the lows are the depths of despair. Life is never dull for her, or for those around her! Maddie loves people, is the most faithful of friends, and has a tender heart for the brokenhearted. I am proud to be her mom, and look forward to the days when our relationship begins to shift to friends (just like me and my mom!). I love spending time with Maddie, she's a hoot to be around!

Here are pictures representing the last 9 years of her life. How quickly they have gone, and I try not to think about how quickly the next 9 years will go...

(As a side note, I have added this playlist in honor of Maddie today. The second song, "Ellinana", is my song for Maddie. She loves for me to sing it to her, I just sing "Maddie Sue" in place of "Elliana.")

December 15, 1999

December 15, 2000 (1st birthday)

2 years old
3 years old
4 years old
5 years old
6 years old
7 years old


8 years old


9 years oldHappy Birthday, Maddie Sue! You are loved!

4 comments:

sandy said...

Dear Maddie,

You are so precious to us! Looking at your pictures on each of your nine birthdays brought tears of joy to my eyes. God bless you!

Love & prayers always,
Papa & Grami

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Maddie! You have always been so cute, but you are now turning into a beautful young lady. We can't wait to see you next week!
Love,
Aunt Megan

Daron said...

Maddie,
Happy Birthday! I can't believe you are nine already! You are very special and bring so much joy to all our lives. We love you very much!

Aunt Tari

judi said...

Maddie, I used posted a comment to Caleb, and am trying to comment to you! We finally have wi fi at home.

I love your pictures and the way that your hair looks! Love you and miss you so much! Oma